Saturday, May 2, 2009

Habit Burger review

Today, for the first time, I visited a Habit Burger. Today was also the first time I tried Slavic pastries, which has nothing to do with this review. Anyway, from the start I had low expectations for Habit because it seemed to be one of those Southern California fads, like plaid shorts and gang violence, that are only popular because they come from Southern California. I was, however, pleasantly surprised when I walked in and saw that everyone in the restaurant was wearing jeans and were mostly elderly, which doesn't necessarily mean they weren't part of a gang, but if they were, it would probably be the kind of gang that you could always be sure was in bed before nine and whose main crime was cheating in bingo. After observing the client ell I ordered a number one, got some ketchup and chili peppers, and sat down to wait. While I waited for my food I began to grade the restaurant. I would have given it five stars for cleanliness except that there were several live palm trees growing inside which made me wonder how long it had been since they swept the restaurant if there was enough dirt on the floor for trees to grow in. I also wondered why none of the workers had noticed the trees growing there, and if maybe they had but some kind of wild animal had made the trees its home and would attack anyone who came close so none of the workers were brave enough to try and chop them down. The thought of wild, carnivorous animals being in the trees next to my table naturally made me nervous so when my number was called I jumped a little and spilled some ketchup on the table which took away another star, so it got three for being moderately clean. Next was atmosphere which, for three reasons, only got one star. First of all they played Taylor Swift which obviously took away one. Secondly, there was a large man sitting near me who was wearing a shirt with cutoff sleeves which kind of took away my appetite. And last, but not least, it was raining outside which took away two more stars. I also gave it one out of five stars for its name which still doesn't make sense to me. So, as you all know, to find out the overall number of stars it was rated I added them all together, multiplied that number by Derek Jeter's batting average, then divided it by the average number of calories in a reduced fat ice cream sandwich. The result, as you probably already knew, is 2.5 stars.

1 comment:

  1. Gonna have to try it out. I guess the Baron doesn't think the food itself is very important?

    ReplyDelete